Friday 8 May 2009

He's definitely a cocker!

Well, if ever proof were needed that we have a 'proper' cocker spaniel on our hands it came yesterday while trying to do the laundry. It suddenly dawned on me that our 11 week old has kleptomaniac tendencies, rather than cute puppy inquisitiveness, as he stalked me round the 'whirly gig' washing line just waiting for something to fall... of course, I dropped a sock and was promptly faced with a furry ball of frenzy desperately trying to snatch the spoils before me...

It was a flashback to Pepsi, our first rescue cocker, who lurked around every corner like a recalcitrant hoodie. She stole anything and everything - socks, shoes, remote controls, mobile phones, magazines, ipods.... she would drag the laundry basket halfway across the bedroom floor in an effort to release a sock through one of the holes.... she would wait until I knelt down in front of the washer and then pounce - all for the precious swag she could run off to guard while growling menacingly at anyone who dared to approach.

Do I believe in reincarnation? I'm beginning to wonder....

1 comment:

  1. sounds like by jasper did eddie come from eve milburn. Eddie looks just like your eddie as well

    ReplyDelete